Our client is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager due to a recent promotion. Join an organization with a dynamic leadership team that highly values and appreciates its employees. This is an excellent opportunity for professional growth.
Company – A leading player in the paper and packaging industry!
- This is a rapidly expanding organization with 30 plants and over 4,000 team members.
- The Green Bay plant, where this position is located, has 300 staff and is currently undergoing a $100 million expansion.
- This is a privately held, third-generation company.
- The company has an outstanding culture with a strong emphasis on safety and individual growth.
Benefits and Features – The company truly values and appreciates its employees!
- Excellent benefits and compensation package, including a 4% employer match on 401K, health, vision, dental, employee assistance program, and life and disability insurances.
- Discretionary bonuses averaging between 4% and 6% since 2008.
- Unique benefits include access to 2 free medical clinics for all staff and their families, a 25-year club for long-term employees, health club membership discounts, and regular parties and cookouts.
- The company promotes work-life balance and encourages employees to take real vacations without being tied to work responsibilities.
- A culture of continuous improvement where all team members are encouraged to contribute their ideas and perspectives.
- A business casual workplace with minimal micromanagement.
- The company boasts very high employee retention rates.
- Lead a team of up to 18 employees, including quality technicians, a quality engineer, quality analyst, and a support technician. Report to the Technical Director.
- Balance time between managing staff and addressing quality issues.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to understand customer requirements and establish quality standards.
- Lead problem-solving initiatives using root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Conduct training on quality standards and expectations.
- Perform internal quality audits to identify areas for improvement in quality, efficiency, and safety.
- Occasionally travel to other plants or customer sites may be required.
- Bachelor's degree in quality, paper science, or engineering.
- 5+ years of leadership experience managing direct reports.
- Experience in the paper, packaging, film, label, or paper converting industries.
- Stable work history without frequent job changes.
- Strong technical skills including problem-solving, statistical analysis, root cause analysis, and continuous improvement.
- Excellent customer skills and ability to collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- Knowledge of quality standards, familiarity with ISO 9001 is a plus.
- Good communication and computer skills.