Manufacturing Supervisor – Die Casting
Die Casting Manufacturing Supervisor
Location: Atlanta, GA
Our company, a well-established leader in the manufacturing industry, is currently seeking a Manufacturing Supervisor with expertise in Die Casting. This position is located in the southwest suburban area of Atlanta, GA and is open due to our company's continued growth. The Manufacturing Supervisor will oversee the operations in our plant, ensuring high-quality production, maintaining safety regulations, and managing a team of approximately 20 employees. This role requires strong leadership skills and the ability to multitask effectively. The ideal candidate will have experience in troubleshooting die equipment, controlling quality, and managing production planning and scheduling. We offer a competitive salary, a generous bonus potential based on performance, and an attractive benefits package that includes a 401K with a 100% match to 5%. Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate.
As a Die Casting Manufacturing Supervisor, you will be responsible for overseeing all departmental operations, including maintaining production quality, managing employees, ensuring safety regulations are followed, and monitoring daily production standards.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and enforce safety regulations within the department.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees in the department.
- Resolve worker problems, complaints, or grievances.
- Participate in the hiring process, including reviewing credentials and conducting interviews.
- Train, counsel, and discipline employees within the department.
- Coordinate operations and activities with other supervisors and departments.
- Inspect materials, products, and equipment for defects.
- Complete time and attendance tasks using Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, and production schedules.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness in the workspace.
- Conduct regular inventory controls and cycle counts.
- Plan and establish work schedules and assignments.
- Demonstrate equipment operations and safety procedures.
- Ensure operators conform to production standards.
DEPARTMENTAL SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initiate changes in casting parameters to ensure quality of castings produced.
- Supervise the operation of die cast machines, trim presses, and other equipment.
- Analyze, organize, and plan production to meet customer needs.
- Perform data entry via production reports.
- Ensure accurate and timely timekeeping.
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement projects and audits.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to resolve production issues.
- Document training events and ensure implementation in the department.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) from a four-year college or university, or three to five years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience in High Pressure Die Casting (HPDC) such as zinc or aluminum. Experience in high pressure aluminum die casting is preferred, but other types of die casting will be considered.
- Three to five years of experience in troubleshooting HPDC machinery.
- Three to five years of experience in quality control within a die casting environment.
- Three to five years of experience using MRP/ERP software, spreadsheet software, and word processing software.
- Experience in reading and interpreting documents, writing reports and correspondence, and speaking effectively in front of groups.
- Experience working with mathematical concepts and practical problem-solving skills.
- Experience interpreting various instructions and schedules.
This job requires the ability to stand, walk, sit, and communicate effectively. It also requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds and manipulate objects with hands and arms.
The work environment may be loud, and hearing protection may be required in certain manufacturing areas. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities.