Building Design Engineer
Location: Charleston, SC
Our client is seeking a highly motivated structural engineer to join their dynamic team in Charleston. This position is ideal for an Entry to Mid-Level Structural Engineer looking to join a respected, professional team of engineering and environmental scientists in a mentoring and collaborative environment.
Our client is a well-respected environmental and civil engineering firm that provides services and expertise to top companies and government organizations. With over 40 years of experience, they are committed to delivering high-quality work while also being stewards of our environment and natural resources. They offer a unique range of environmental consulting, emissions testing, engineering, and surveying services to state, federal, municipal, and private clients.
- Strong core values that promote respect, integrity, and innovation
- Friendly, collaborative atmosphere
- Involved management
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Challenging projects and a full pipeline of work
- Work/Life balance and family-friendly policies
- Potential for Year End Bonus
- Bonus for individual accomplishments
- Monthly Hero Recognition program with special bonus
- Comprehensive insurance plans
- Company-paid short and long-term disability insurance
- 401k with company match
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Paid time off and holiday leave
- And more!
Your Role with the Company:
- Perform project work under the supervision of Senior Engineer
- Conduct condition assessments and structural inspections
- Perform structural analysis and design for rehabilitation and strengthening of existing facilities
- Perform construction oversight and field documentation
- Coordinate design efforts with other professional disciplines
The Right Fit for this Opportunity:
- BS in Civil Engineering (Mechanical will be considered based on work experience)
- 2+ years' experience with structural engineering
- Construction management experience and knowledge of surveying principals are a plus
- EIT required
- Ability to obtain PE Licensure within 4 years
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Word and Excel experience required
- AutoCAD experience
Note: Client is unable to provide sponsorship now or in the future.
Relocation available for non-local candidates.
No sponsorships available.