Sr. Quality Engineer – Warranty
An established international company is seeking a Senior Warranty Quality Engineer at their large manufacturing complex located near Athens, GA. This position offers competitive benefits and a potential bonus of 1 to 2%.
The Sr. Quality Engineer will be responsible for ensuring part/product/process safety and warranty. They will assist the Quality Assurance team in reviewing and investigating warranty returns, conducting root cause analysis, and resolving customer issues. The Senior Warranty Quality Engineer will play a key role in ensuring that warranty targets are met and minimized.
The warranty team member will review warranty claims as directed. They will establish inspection requirements, perform inspections and necessary rework, and analyze data to determine appropriate corrective actions. They will also review suppliers' processes and manufacturing procedures and negotiate liability with customers when necessary. Additionally, the Senior Warranty Quality Engineer will provide detailed analysis and recommendations to Senior Management, as well as coordinate improvement activities aimed at warranty cost reduction.
· Perform analysis of warranty returns and performance
· Create and complete warranty reports
· Develop warranty procedures and manuals, where applicable
· Lead the reliability improvement process and produce performance reports against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
· Ensure timely reporting of analysis data to customers in their preferred format
· Communicate fault and liability information to suppliers to obtain corrective actions for warranty prevention and cost reduction
· Review suppliers' processes and manufacturing procedures and challenge them when necessary
· Negotiate liability with customers as appropriate and conduct supplier evaluation audits when required to eliminate warranty issues
· Analyze warranty return data and trends to determine corrective and preventative actions for Production and Supplier departments
· Ensure lessons learned from warranty analysis are communicated across all product and customer platforms
· Assist with quality awareness training and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to prevent non-conformity
Other Responsibilities & Skill Requirements
· Exercise initiative and judgment in work methods and interpreting goals
· Work independently with minimal supervision
· Take action to prevent nonconformities and notify Quality Engineer/Manager of quality concerns
· Provide training and demonstrate good communication skills
· Participate in cross-functional teams and demonstrate proficiency in computer use
- Bachelor's degree in a related field with a minimum of five (5) years of experience. Proficiency in statistical applications, process flow charts, and measuring equipment such as calipers and micrometers is required. Experience in an automotive manufacturing environment and familiarity with warranty processes is necessary.
- Strong customer service orientation and attention to detail. Prior experience with customer portals is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and support the development of other engineering staff.
- Proven problem-solving skills, with at least three (3) years of experience addressing corrective actions and conducting warranty analysis.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including leadership abilities and the ability to work well in a team.
- Proficiency in QC technical skills such as Capability Studies, APQP, and PPAP.
- Ability to read blueprints and measure parts.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Access is a plus.
Occasionally supervise sorting staff as required
Required to sit and stand for long periods of time. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Standard office, laboratory, and manufacturing working conditions