Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Join our organization and become a valued member of a dynamic leadership team. We have excellent growth opportunities available at our client's location in Milwaukee, WI. We are currently seeking a Principal Electrical Design Engineer to join our team and take the lead on planning and implementing current product optimization and new product development projects from a technical standpoint. This position will report to the Manager of Product Engineering.
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Company Overview – Our company is a major player in the heavy mobile equipment industry.
- We are experiencing significant growth and are part of a $1.8 billion division.
- Our design engineering group in Milwaukee consists of 25 talented individuals.
- We have a reputation for creating innovative product lines that are both designed and built onsite.
- Our engineering management team is dynamic and forward-thinking.
- We foster an outstanding culture that prioritizes safety and the growth of each individual.
- Design, develop, and enhance the electrical systems of new and existing heavy vehicles.
- Create models and drawings using CAD for projects and serve as the technical leader.
- Acquire and analyze electrical system data.
- Analyze and select materials and components for electrical systems.
- Support the creation of machine documentation.
- Perform component and machine cost analysis.
- Plan the development cycle for multiple projects.
- Define testing requirements for functions and provide documentation.
- Mentor junior colleagues.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 7 years of design experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Strong knowledge of electrical circuit design, components, systems, and controls.
- Familiarity with data acquisition and communication protocols (CAN bus, UDS, SAE J1939, ...).
- Proficiency in 3D CAD, specifically Siemens NX.
- Prior experience with Zuken E3 is highly desired.
- Any experience in heavy equipment, off-road vehicle, or truck electrical design is a plus.
- Experience with C programming is a plus.
- Strong practical, "hands-on" electrical experience is desired.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage.
- 401(k) with a 75% match on up to 6% employee contribution.
- 8% bonus opportunity.
- Flexible work hours, allowing for a shorter day on Fridays without using PTO.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- Flexible Spending Account option.
- Short- or long-term disability coverage.
- Life and AD&D insurance coverage.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- On-site fitness center for employee use.
- On-site nurse available for medical needs.