Cincinnati, OH

$90,000.00 - $110,000.00

Sanitation Manager

Waste Management Supervisor Job Description

Waste Management Supervisor in Cincinnati, OH

Our well-established company is looking for a skilled Waste Management Supervisor to join our team and meet the needs of our customers nationwide. Reporting to the Production Manager, this position is located in Cincinnati, OH. The primary shift timing is during the day, but flexibility is required for off-hours and weekends. The selected candidate will be responsible for managing sanitation and pest management operations within the facility, overseeing the use of cleaning chemicals, sanitation equipment, and valve function and design. They will also establish and maintain standards for cleaning equipment and implement sanitation assurance projects, pest control, and plant regulatory compliance programs for sanitation. We offer excellent company benefits, including a 10% bonus eligibility. Vacation time of 21 days is accrued monthly and can be used before accruing. Our 401k plan provides a dollar-for-dollar match up to 6% and an additional 3% company contribution for a total of 9%.

You Will:

  • Develop plant-level sanitation strategy, setting long-term goals and delivering on them using available resources
  • Coordinate and oversee sanitation operations in the plant and ensure compliance with all sanitation control measures
  • Engage team members to improve processes while enforcing safety, GMPs, and plant policies
  • Monitor and manage sanitation costs, treating the department as a business and developing the annual department budget
  • Provide training for the sanitation department as well as sanitation training for other departments
  • Manage third-party contract services for sanitation chemicals, pest control, and uniforms
  • Coordinate monthly internal audits of the plant and take the lead in corrective action efforts, including facilitating meetings
  • Encourage and support direct reports in taking on new challenges, solving complex projects, and pushing their abilities
  • Lead and maintain documentation for department training, inspections, ATP results, sanitation chemical titrations, daily operation sheets, and the master sanitation schedule

You Have:

  • High school diploma or GED (bachelor degree preferred)
  • Minimum 5 years of experience in leading high-performance teams and driving improvement
  • At least 3 years' experience in sanitation, with some of that in a managerial role
  • Experience with CIP systems and wet cleaning
  • Ability to perform formal root cause analysis to address operational issues and downtime
  • Working knowledge of the Six Step Cleaning Process
  • Flexibility to work off-shifts and weekends as needed

Salary: $90,000.00 - $110,000.00

  • Max. file size: 300 MB.