MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST – Technical Support Specialist
Exciting opportunity for a Certified Medical Technologist with ASCP certification to join a leading medical lab device manufacturer in Knoxville, TN.
Put your expertise to use as a Technical Support Specialist and trainer, providing support and training to healthcare professionals in the region. You will play a key role in the installation process, training users, and documenting lab procedures. Overnight travel will be required to fulfill this rewarding role.
Please note that the position will be based in Eastern TN or Kentucky, with the territory covering Eastern TN, KY, and Northern Georgia.
Salary: $65K - $80K per year, commensurate with experience, plus an annual bonus of $5K - $10K. In addition, you will receive a company vehicle, paid family medical insurance, and more.
- Fully paid family medical insurance
- Company vehicle
- Annual bonus
- Laptop and cellphone
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Vacation, paid time off, and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Resolve technical issues related to reagents, kits, procedures, adaptations, and software upgrades
- Provide training to medical technologists on the use of the instrumentation
- Address reagent-based issues
- Support customers in post-sales activities related to the instrumentation
- Represent the company at seminars, conventions, meetings, and workshops
- Offer telephone support to machine operators
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or a related field and a minimum of 5 years of lab experience
- ASCP Certification is required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Medical Technologist
- Experience in Coagulation is preferred (please provide details on your resume)
- Overnight travel will be required
- COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for this role.
- We are unable to offer sponsorship for work authorization at this time.