Director of Distribution
Our client, a manufacturer and distributor of medical supplies and devices, is currently seeking a Distribution Director to oversee and support our distribution operations in Columbus, OH. As the Distribution Director, you will be responsible for managing our distribution center while developing innovative solutions and strategies to improve efficiency and meet customer demand.
- Develop and implement automated warehouse functions.
- Lead, manage, and support employees in their day-to-day tasks and strategic initiatives.
- Identify and resolve issues related to quality, scheduling, workflow, and facilities.
- Set operational goals, track progress, and make necessary changes to achieve those goals.
- Prioritize workloads within the warehouses.
- Provide comprehensive training and mentorship to warehouse staff.
- Give clear direction and guidance to the Distribution and Processing Groups.
- Ensure timely processing and completion of all orders to meet customer requirements.
- Recommend and implement measures and procedures to enhance work methods and efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a Distribution environment or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Experience with planning, implementing, and maintaining automated warehouse functions, particularly in robotics and high-volume automation.
- Proven management experience overseeing a large group of personnel.
- Advanced understanding of various freight services, small package carriers, and LTL.